Home at Last
Home at Last helps older adults transfer and remain safely at home by providing Personal Support Worker supported transportation home from the hospital. A CHATS Personal Support Worker will get you settled safely back in your home and in the community.
Hospital staff will arrange with CHATS for our Home At Last staff to:
- Drive you home
- Make sure you have food to eat
- See that you get any other services or assistance needed to remain at home
- Markham Stouffville Hospital
- Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Stevenson Memorial Hospital
- Mackenzie Health
I am very grateful to the HAL service CHATS has provided for me. Twice I have been in hospital and have had no one to take me home; the ladies from CHATS were very gracious and very helpful. They gave me two frozen dinners and they stayed with me and chatted with me and made feel very comfortable. I am so grateful for that service, it is wonderful.