We’re here to help, no matter the language you speak.
Do you speak a language other than English? Are you more comfortable communicating in your native language? Do you worry we won’t understand you correctly? An Interpreter Could Help!
Interpretation Services are available in more than 200 languages including American Sign Language. This is a FREE service, offered by the CLHIN to all clients utilizing CHATS services. The use of interpretation helps us to ensure that language barriers won’t impact the quality and safety of the care we provide.
How does it work?
After we receive your call, we will call the interpreter, it takes less than a minute. The interpreter will come on the line, introduce him/herself in both languages, and will ask your permission to interpret.
The conversation can then proceed as it normally would with the interpreter acting as an information link back and forth between you and the CHATS staff person you are speaking with.
Once begun, the interpreter will communicate everything that each person says, in the appropriate language, with no explanations other than what is said as part of the conversation.
Why should you use Interpretation Services?
- Allows direct communication with CHATS employees
- Provides an accurate assessment of your needs and capabilities
- Eliminates ‘filtering’ that can occur when caregivers translate
- Maintains professional boundaries
- Allows accurate and detailed communication
- Eliminates risk associated with non-qualified staff, family or friend interpretation
Ask your CHATS representative if you would like to access Interpretation Services.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at 905-713-6596 or 1-877-452-4287.