We know how challenging COVID-19 has been for everyone—especially older adults and their caregivers.
While some modifications have been made to our programs and services, we’re doing everything we can to provide you with the support you deserve:
CHATS Virtual and Social Wellness Programs
Access our Virtual and Social Wellness Programs for Zoom Fitness classes, BINGO, and more.
CHATS Adult Day Programs Reopening Protocols
With our Adult Day Programs re-opened, we wanted to share with you our re-opening protocols and the safety measures we have implemented to keep you and your loved ones safe.
We are excited to share this special video with you outlining the protocols we have implemented:
CHATS COVID-19 Statement
During this critical time, CHATS-Community & Home Assistance to Seniors, is continuing to take proactive steps to keep our clients and employees safe.
We have implemented a variety of safety measures to be able to continue to provide essential support to our most vulnerable community members.
We have also made changes in the way we deliver many of our services so that you can stay connected to your support from CHATS.
We’re doing this by providing virtual options where relevant, offering extended, and in some cases additional services, to older adults and caregivers in the regions we serve.
New & Enhanced Programs & Services
Meals on Wheels
The same great program you’re used to. You order and we deliver frozen meals right to your door – Contact Free! Also, as a result of newly established partnerships, we are now able to support a broader range of older adults and adults with disabilities.
Virtual Programs & Services
During the pandemic, CHATS’ community programs have been adapted to be delivered safely through a variety of virtual platforms—telephone or video. This includes supports such as:
- Virtual Social & Wellness
- Telephone reassurance
- Security checks and visits
- Support for caregivers, including group meetings and one-to-one supportive counselling via phone or video chat.
Safety measures are in place for all in-person services where close “face-to-face” contact is needed.
To ensure the safety of our staff, clients, and volunteers we have implemented the following measures for those delivering and receiving face-to-face care from CHATS:
Staff Safety During COVID-19
- Implemented an online screener that is completed by all staff seven days a week. Results are monitored to ensure there is no staff working while unwell or at risk due to contact with someone unwell.
- Provided access to our Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) nurses for guidance as needed.
- Supporting CHATS’ core staff teams to deliver care as much as possible, reducing reliance on outside agency staff.
- Clustered staff, where feasible, to work at a particular CHATS’ site/area to minimize exposure for clients.
- Implemented universal masking/eye protection for all staff for all visits and ensured ready access to other Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) based on Ministry of Health guidelines and requirements.
- Implemented protection for all volunteers/MOW clients including volunteers’ use of masks and hand sanitizer before/after each delivery.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization of program areas.
- Designed a ‘no contact’ approach for service providers from our Home Adaptation and Maintenance Program.
Client Safety During COVID-19
- Active screening of all clients before each visit.
- Support clients through encouragement to wear masks during service (donated cloth masks provided).
- Established new protocols for transportation that include: enhanced hand hygiene for all transportation clients; limiting one client/vehicle at any time; allow time between drives to wipe down/sanitize vehicles; installation of barriers in some vehicles, and have a ‘windows open’ protocol to enable airflow.
- Enhanced protocols for all Home at Last transportation services that include barriers between the driver and client, use of disposable seat covers, full sanitizing of vehicles between clients, use of additional PPE.