Hoarding & De-Cluttering Support Program
At CHATS, we understand that there are many reasons someone may begin to hoard in their home.
We also understand that tackling clutter can seem like an extremely overwhelming process. That’s why, along with three of our community partners, we’ve developed a judgment-free Hoarding & Decluttering Support Program.
Please feel free to Download The Tenancy Risk Reduction Services Program Brochure.
The Hoarding & Decluttering Support Program is designed to help those who may be at risk of losing their tenancy due to hoarding, uncleanness, clutter, or an unmaintained home.
Utilizing a harm reduction approach, this program aims to decrease the risk of tenancy loss so that individuals can live better and stay in their homes.
- Case management with a specialized geriatric mental health case manager for mental health issues associated with hoarding
- Longer-term case management to ensure connectedness to community support
- Advocacy regarding tenant/landlord issues
- Short-term therapeutic intervention with an occupational therapist
- Minor repairs, and/or clutter reduction to create a safer living environment
This program not only helped with my home clutter and safety, but it also helped me emotionally! Highly recommend it. Thankfully it was available.